I inhaled the violet's breath; Around me stood the oaks and firs; Pine-cones and acorns lay on the ground; Over me soared the eternal sky, Full of light and of deity; Again I saw, again I heard, The rolling river, the morning bird; — Beauty through my senses stole; I yielded myself to the perfect whole. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
When babysitting pet unicorns, it's smart to have on hand:
1) something comfy they can lounge upon;
2) something floral that they can sniff; +
3) at least 1 toy unicorn to which they can feel superior (this last being the most important). -- Some nice sparkly air helps set a magical mood, too.
Unicorn's playroomlove + fashionista kisses to all!
This month's round of Collabor88 kicks off 2015 with a fanciful bang, featuring a kawaii unicorn theme + plenty of girlie things, like this fresh-faced "Sia" skin by Glam Affair (how youthfully pert are these nose + lips?), which will make you reach for something pretty + sparkly to go with.
And in other news, it turns out that baby unicorns have something in common with puppies: they also like to do the humpty dance. Humpty dancelove + fashionista kisses to all!
jacket : [monso] My Mouton Jacket (Warm Grey) [ @Uber ]
camera : -ATTIC- Elfman Vintage Camera (Black RARE) [ gacha ]
hair : little bones. Lovestruck (Ombre&Roots)
skin : [the Skinnery] Ming - Bare face(champagne)
pose : flowey.came to say goodbye
An asymmetrical hair, some pearl-dotted leggings + the slate color of this sweater & cardigan coat set (that I can't bear to take off) + I was ready for a quick jaunt thru one of my fave architectural spaces on this planet, The Getty (this is actually just a heavily processed sketch of another interior space by living legend Richard Meier, but you get some idea of his airy, clean, soaring aesthetic).
Here's hoping that 2015 will allow me to enjoy more appreciation of the arts than this year. Clean casual love + fashionista kisses to all!
Amidst all the holiday hustle & bustle, it's all too easy to forget about recharging & taking care of oneself. -- After all, there's only so much fa-la-la-ing that a girl can be expected to do before some quality alone time is in order. -- I always find that something hot and/or yummy helps immensely; as does online shopping. Hehe. Namaste away love + fashionista kisses to all!
And a 100%free look for you today (total cost on this look: $0L). Once upon a time (now many) SL lifetimes ago, I used to circulate a "Better Quality Freebies List!" notecard in-world for my fellow frugalistas. With the just plain silly amount of high-quality gifts abounding this time of year, I was inspired to curate a holiday, blog-circulated version of this list for our dear SLexy readers. -- Now this is not meant to be a comprehensive gifts list by any means -- there are sooo many gifts on the grid right now that it would be quite the
daunting task to list them all -- instead, this is more like a personal short-list of some of the better-quality things that you can currently scoopie
for free or cheapie (NOTE: that some will only be around for a day or two!) Some have already
made the blog rounds, but others are brand-spanking new. Enjoy!
free side pony hair: +elua+ @ Creation.JP "Sou" Event - Group GIFT [DEC14] - join the event group for 1 color + the +eula+ group for another color (both group joins $0L) - free
free so much hair at Analog Dog (all Advent gifts are available)
free exquisite skin by Essences (the teeth layer shapes the mouth so gorgeously; love this dark cherry stained mouth too, plus you get an eyelashes layer too! a very generous gift) - buy the sign behind the desk for $0L
2 really lovely group gift skins for $15L group join fee at Glam Affair (totes worth it if you aren't already a member)
free new "Heidi" group gift skin at Lara Hurley ($0L group join; touch sign on wall)
free pretty color-change gem snowflakes earrings/necklace set by Maxi Gossamer ($0L group join; activate group title + touch sign here)
free pretty neck scarves (infinity scarves; bunched) by C'est La Vie (subscribo, History, 2)
free star made of branches & xmas lights (very cute) by Tarte (touch sign on side wall of front desk to join $0L group; look in Notices)
*NOTE: just outside the store is 1 of the prettiest snow scenes - take a break from all the gift grabbing to sit under the xmas leaf canopy at the docks + gaze across the lake here)
free scrumptious mince pie, pastry & coffee mug plate by Poche (buy sign for $0L; more $0L items here, click around)
free fur hat hair by Lelutka (more free gifts here too; activate group tag)
free hairs/skins gifts at Ploom (check daily under Christmas tree until 12/31 for a different free gift)
free simple strapless red dress at Coco ($0L group gift; nice simple accompaniment to the B.C.C red fur-trimmed coat below)
$1L unique black braided T-strap heels w/ red sole - for SLink High feet (find/buy light red Womenstuff T-shirt here) - $1L
(and b/c yellow gold is so very "in" right now in RL) free blinged-out peace sign gold necklace (Peace on Earth 7 Hunt prize) at Zuri Rayna paid VIP group gifts worth mentioning (free gifts for paid VIP group members only):
- Maitreya: 3 (!) pairs of group-exclusive mesh shoes for the new Maitreya mesh body (make sure to pick up the mesh lashes gift if you haven't gotten it already)
- IKON: 1 pair of new "Deadwood" (fantasy crackle-texture) eyes, in blue
- Birdy: this "Elsa" skin gift is stunning + cute companion + holding baby penguin friends!
- B.C.C (Bonne Chance): red mini-cape coat w/ fur trim
*NOTE: This is another gorges winter SIM; B.C.C creator Vitamingirl is such a talented landscaper! Stand in front of her B.C.C store here to look out at the tree canopy tunnel in the snow
- Hello Dave: sooo many SLink hands nails appliers (all past gifts are available for members); brand-new nail polish setup gift, that also works as a HUD!
group joins that are currently free:
- Pulcino (SLink & non-SLink nails); i won the free color-tipped "Diamond Snow" at the group lucky board (group currently $0L to join)
+ if you haven't done it already:
- free Advent Calendar at Analog Dog here, with gifts from several creators, donated for the KittyCatS! brand (you click on each of the calendar days once; the Analog Dog hair (item is called "Analog Dog Hair - Holiday Freebie") is an updo bun w/ soft bangs that's supercute); you can click on all past days!
- free Xmas hunt at Inspiration Point always is fun to do (make sure to wear the map HUD that you can pick up from signs thruout the SIM) + the SIM build itself is so very pretty to explore: head to the main landing point here + start looking around for white bunnies!
* NOTE: Flickr prizes key here (I've also been using these prizes in recent blog posts): https://www.flickr.com/photos/thesecretstore/16064470272/
- all the many free gifts under the tree at The Arcade (event ends in 2 days!)
If you must get caught in a snowdrift, make sure you have a couple of friends around to keep you company.
Take my li'l snowmen buddies here. These guys were quick to remind me that even though I could no longer feel my fingers or toes, at least my powder-pink cardigan, eyeshadow and lip gloss matched their pink scarves. -- Thank God for our friends to remind us of what's really important. *touches up lipstick*